We wanted to give you some of the best nursing quotes we have read. Nursing is one of those unique career paths that is equally rewarding and challenging. Nurses work long hours, most of them on their feet, and they don’t always get the recognition they deserve. In the face of demanding patients and doctors, nurses have to be kind, compassionate, and patient, even on the days, they are irritated, stressed, or sleep-deprived. At the same time though, nurses have a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, which isn’t the case with most other occupations. That is what inspires many people to pursue nursing jobs. If you are drawn to nursing as an occupation, search “nursing jobs near me” to find a nurse job in Western Pennsylvania.
Motivational Quotes For Nurses
Even people who love their nurse jobs have days when they wonder what made them pursue a career in nursing in the first place.
Nursing is a challenging career path but also one of the most rewarding. While it is a great field for its projected growth and the competitive compensation, personal and professional opportunities for a deeper degree of satisfaction are what draw many people to nursing. Not many professions allow you to impact another person’s life much like being a nurse. But, where much is given, much is expected.
When the going gets tough, sometimes it helps to remember the things that make nursing such a rewarding and satisfying career choice.
Some of these quotes will give you a good laugh and others will touch your heart, but all of them are relatable to nurses, no matter what avenue of nursing you’ve chosen. From traveling nurses to those in neonatal, pediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatrics, emergency medicine, and anywhere in between, these quotes will entertain and inspire you.
10 of the Best Nursing Quotes You’ll Ever Read
Here are some of our favorite nursing quotes:
- “A nurse’s blood type? Coffee.”
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are ALIVE to read this, thank a nurse!”
- “The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow; do good anyway!”
- “Nursing: The toughest job you’ll ever love.”
- “Doctors save lives; nurses save doctors.”
- “Sometimes I inspire my patients; more often they inspire me.”
- “Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.”
- “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.”
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
- “Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.”
Here are more quotes we love:
- “May your scrubs be comfy, your coffee be strong, and your Monday be short.”
- “When I think about all the patients and their loved ones I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don’t remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing.”
- “Every day may not be wonderful, but there is something wonderful in every day.”
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
- “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.”
- “Be the nurse you would want as a patient.”
- “Not all angels have wings…some have scrubs.”
- “It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.”
- “Nursing isn’t what you do, it’s who you are.”
- “Save one life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse.”
- “Where the needs of the world and your talents cross, there lies your vocation.”
- “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.”
- “Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy…nurses are rarely short on caring.”
- “Nurses are angels in comfortable shoes.”
- “When you are a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.”
For more motivational quotes check out our Pinterest page.