Healthcare has never been easier than receiving it right from the comfort of your own home! A home health nurse reports to a patient’s home to provide optimal care at their convenience. Many patients requiring home health nursing are often elderly, disabled, or chronically ill. Home healthcare can be delivered to anyone who needs it and is a good way for nurses to escape the traditional hospital setting.
Responsibilities of Home Health Nurse Jobs
Each nurse is responsible for a certain amount of tasks after each house visit for their patient. The following is a short list of some of their responsibilities as home health nurses:
- Create healthcare plans for patients
- Administer medications
- Attend to wounds
- Oversee patient wellbeing
- Communicate with families on patient health status
- Make suggestions to aid in health improvement
- Oversee home health aides
- Communicate with other medical staff
- Provide overall support to help improve patient emotional wellbeing
As many patients rely on home health nursing, nurses must have certain skills to perform their job.
Personal skills for home health nursing include:
- Attention to detail (Instructionalized care for patients)
- Interpersonal skills (communicating with families and patients)
- Mental & Physical Strength and stamina (Assessing and transporting patients)
- Honest and responsible (Not taking advantage of patients)
- Flexibility (expecting the unexpected)
- Professionalism (treating patients with optimal care)
Looking for Home Health Nurse Jobs?
Here at CynaMed, we hire interested RNs, CNAs, LPNs, and Certified Med Techs. With over 18 years of experience in the healthcare staffing agency, we are confident in finding the perfect job for you. If you wish to apply, visit our website or contact us today!
If you’re interested in learning more about nursing in a home healthcare setting, click here.