Becoming a nurse can be one of the most rewarding career paths. While the job can be challenging at times, those challenges often lead to finding a sense of real purpose in your work. Certainly, there is no better place to start your career than in Pennsylvania. According to data gathered by the State Board of Nursing, 9 out of 10 Pennsylvania RNs report high levels of job satisfaction with their nursing career in PA.
Nursing Jobs: Licensure Guide
Below is a snapshot of what RNs and LPNs need to be eligible for nursing jobs in Pennsylvania.
- RN: Completion of a state-accredited nursing program and successful graduation. Completed an approved program of professional nursing. Approved programs shall include an associate degree, Bachelor’s degree, or diploma in nursing programs.
- LPN: Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additionally, complete a program in practical nursing prescribed and approved by the board in a school, hospital, or other educational institution.
- RN: Pass the National Council of State Boards Exam (NCLEX-RN) OR the State Board Test Pool Exam (SBTPE).
- LPN: Pass the National Council of State Boards (NCLEX-PN) OR the State Board Test Pool Exam (SBTPE).
- RN & LPN: Perform 3 hours of continuing education (CE). Additionally, applicants must complete 3 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting for initial licensure.
*For the biennial renewal of nursing licensure, both RNs and LPNs must complete 30 hours of continuing education. Of those 30 hours, 2 hours must be Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting.
Nurse Jobs Near Me
In short, if you do a quick search for “nursing jobs near me” you’ll find an abundance of open positions. Nurses are in high demand and the field of nursing is one of the fastest-growing careers. At CynaMed, our practice emphasis is on placing Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA), and Certified Med Techs with proven success. Our process is simple – we take the time to get to know you, then use our experience and knowledge to find you the best possible match.